JACOB TORSTENSEN BRENDSETER
Utreist med/Emigrated on: bark JUPITER to Boston
Utreist til/Emigrated to: Sugar Creek township, Walworth Co., Wisconsin
Jacob Torstensen Brendseter: Born 1793
on the small place Brendseter under Moe in Gjerpen. He was baptized July
21st. His parents were Torsten Jermundsen b. ca 1762 and Gunbor Levorsdatter
b. ca. 1761. Jacob married in 1820 (engaged August 13) to Maren Margrethe
Larsdatter. Best-men at the wedding were his uncle Ole Levordsen u/Moe and
Maren Margrethe was born in 1798 on the place Liene under Holt Øde, and baptized in church February 4th. Parents were Lars Christensen Liene b. ca 1763 and Marthe Halvorsdatter b. ca. 1769.
Jacob and Marthe Margrethe emigrated in 1847 and settled in Sugar Creek, where they both are buried in the Sugar Creek Lutheran Cemetery. He in 1887 and she in 1875.
They had seven children born at Brendseter in Norway:
1. Maren Gurine, b. Jan 5, 1822
2. Marie, b. Dec 21, 1824
3. Ingeborg, b. Aug 31, 1827
4. Jacob, b. June 10, 1829. Died in 1861.
5. Lars, b. March 6, 1832. Died Jan 30, 1843
6. Torsten, b. Jan 10, 1835. Died April 10, 1920. He married July 6, 1862, Ingeborg Karine Solvesen, daughter of Jacob Solvensen and Marie. She was born Febr 29, 1844 and died
Aug 13, 1916. Both are buried in the Sugar Creek Luth. Cemetery.
7. Ole, b. Apr 26, 1838. Died Jan 27, 1912. He served with Company H, 13th Wisconsin Regmt, in the Civil War, as a second lieutenant. He married Anne ??, daughter of Jørgen W. Nelson and Caroline Hanson. She was born Dec 11, 1848 and died Jan 8, 1927. Both are buried in the Sugar Creek Luth. Cemetery. They had six children.
See article about Jacobsville.