KARI GUNDERSDATTER BØE
Utreist med/Emigrated on: bark JUPITER to Boston via Le Havre. Arrived at Boston Aug 9, 1847.
Utreist til/Emigrated to: Newton township, Manitowoc County, Wisconsin and moving by 1860 to Cato township, also in Manitowoc.
Kari Gundersdatter Bøe: Born 1784
at Sperrebakken in Solum. She was baptized in Solum Dec 26th. Parents were
Gunder Jensen Sperrebakken u/Omdal and Marthe Østensdatter. Kari
was married Nov 28, 1818 in Solum to Mads Christensen Bøe from Gjerpen.
He was born in 1766 and baptized some time in September. His parents were
Christen Gundersen and Sidsel Madsdatter. Mads died already Nov 2, 1832,
so Kari emigrated without her husband, but together with her children and
Kari and Mads had the following children:
1. Peder, born 1803 at Nordre Bøe in Gjerpen (bapt Jan 8). Married Aug 31, 1827 in Gjerpen to Maren Halvorsdatter from Holt Øde in Gjerpen.
2. Christen, born 1809 at Nordre Bøe in Gjerpen. Married Oct 5, 1832 to Inger Engebretsdatter from Fossum.
3. Gunder, born Dec 11, 1818 at Nordre Bøe. Died Febr 22, 1896. He emigrated in 1843.
4. Ole, born Jan 16, 1821 at Nordre Bøe. Married late 1849 or 1850 to Anne Gurine Simensdatter, who emigrated in 1849.
5. Niels, born Jan 22, 1826 at Nordre Bøe. He emigrated before 1850.
6. Hans, born Oct 3, 1829 at Nordre Bøe. He married Maria Rasmusdatter Lekaas from Gjerpen. She was born 1824 and died Jan 20, 1890 in Cato Township. Hans died Nov 19, 1907 and is also buried at Cato township.
Kari Gundersdatter Bøe died Nov 8, 1872 and is buried at Faith Lutheran Cemetery at Valders, Wisconsin.